Monday, September 24, 2007

ME WANT

Every time I go to Barnes and Noble I head right to the poetry section. I love to read and write poetry. I love to be inspired. One book I always pick up is Twenty Love Poems and a Song of Despair by Pablo Neruda.
That man can write! I really want to own it but never can spend the money. Pablo Neruda is by far one of my favorite poets. I really need to rent the postman again. Maybe I can get James to watch it with me, though he will be less than thrilled by the idea of subtitles. I love to copy Neruda's style and technique, his imagery and rawness for love and women. Obviously I write mine towards the male side instead but along the same lines. I can copy all I want and still I don't know if I will ever come close to being the type of writer he is, I am like a light weight up against the world champion heavy weight. That is all well and good because that man just Inspires the heck out of me!

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Just buy it! you won't regret it.